Scientific outreach with EPSAA, 2020-2021 edition
When artists and researchers meet
On November 6th, 2nd year graphic arts students met researchers to discuss about their work, but also about research in general. This first contact, which was done online, allowed them to discover a new world, but also to start taking notes and draw sketches that will be useful for the development of two drawings, one representing the every day life, and one representing the scientific topics of the lab.
Students will hopefully be able to visit the labs be fore the end of the project, and they will maintain a regular contact with the researchers throughout the project in order to develop a new tool to highlight their research work the best way possible.
This project will be conducted until June, and the drawings produced by the future artists should be exposed and should be integrated in a small notebook at the end of the project.
Research teams involved in 2020-2021
- Isabelle Brunet, Collège de France
- Julien Dumont and Benjamin Lacroix, Institut Jacques Monod
- Damien Vandembroucq and Justine Laurent, ESPCI
- Martin Lenz, Université Paris Sud
- Carsten Janke, Magda Magiera and Sudarshan Gadadhar, Institut Curie
- Jean-Léon Maître and Francesca Tortorelli, Institut Curie
- Henrique Teotonio and François Mallard, ENS
- Nicolas Desprat and Dario Dellarciprete, ENS
- Sylvain Gigan and Julien Guilbert, ENS
- Chris Bowler and Maria Helena Cruz de Carvalho, ENS
- Bruno Goud and Kristine Schauer, Institut Curie
- Danijela Vignjevic and Cécile Jacques, Institut Curie,
- German Sumbre, ENS
- Daniele Fachinetti and Marie Dumont, Institut Curie
- Antoine Coulon, Kyra Borgman and Maciej Kerlin, Institut Curie
- Marc Baaden and Antoine Taly, IBPC
- Angela Taddei, Justine Mine-Hattab, Mathias Heltberg and Manuela Baquero, Institut Curie