Course - Cell dynamics in developmental systems
Deadline application : December 6th, 2020
Organizers : P. Charnay, R. Levayer, Y. Bellaïche, N. Dostatni, P. Andrey, A. Bouraoud, J. Gros, P. Lemaire, N. Spassky, D. Thieffry, H. Turlier and C. Vallot
This one week workshop is part of a new series of winter schools organized by PSL and its Qlife program in quantitative biology and taught at the Ecole normale supérieure.
Through a series of lectures and digital workshops, the winter school will cover a multiplicity of themes encompassing state-of-the-art quantitative approaches to analyze development and morphogenesis.
- It will use data sets from different model systems, including drosophila, ascidians, plants and mammals.
- Dynamic, quantitative analysis of embryonic development will be performed through image analysis, segmentation and visualization, and cell tracking.
- Force inference, multiscale analysis and modelling will be then used to interpret these data.
- Finally, the data will be integrated with the output of single cell, spatial and barcoding transcriptomic analyses, to provide a comprehensive, dynamic understanding of the developmental system at the single cell level, with an unprecedented combined view of cell location, morphology, interactions, migration and expression patterns, differentiation pathway and fate.
Digital workshops, development, morphogenesis, organogenesis, 2D and 3D segmentation and visualization, inference of forces, multiscale analysis, developmental transcriptomics, single cell transcriptomics, spatial transcriptomics, bar coding transcriptomics, cell tracking, cell dynamics modelling, lineage tracing, transcriptional regulation, deep learning.
Application are closed:
The winter school is limited to 20 participants. It is open to M2 students and PhD students, as well as postdocs, engineers and junior scientists with backgrounds in biology, physics, computer science or mathematics. Basic experience in file manipulation Matlab, Python or R programming is required.
Registration fees: 150 € for academic participants. It covers food and lodging. Some travel grants will be available.
1) Register through the following link: https://bit.ly/33zn290
2) and provide a CV, a motivation letter (including justification for travel grant if requested) and a supporting letter from a supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Qlife Cell dynamics in developmental systems 2021” as object.